Mohan’s Carpet Palace was established in 1978 as a sole proprietorship by Mr. S. Mohinder Singh, a local businessman who has been in Brunei since 1946. At the time, there was only one other company in Brunei at the time selling area rugs. Mr. Singh saw the potential for another supplier, and also spotted a gap in the market for the supply and installation of wall to wall carpets.
The first major contract job awarded to Mohan’s was the carpeting for the Parliament buildings in Bandar Seri Begawan. This was soon followed by carpet projects for the Istana Darul Hana and Public Works Department. With these projects, Mohan’s Carpet Palace soon became firmly established as a reputable contractor for floor coverings.
Mohan’s originally opened its first premises in a shop-unit in Seri Complex. With the growth of retail sales and contractual awards, Mohan’s outgrew its premises and moved the main showroom to the current premises in Gadong in the early 1990s.
Today, Mohan’s Carpet Palace is a household name associated with the largest selection of rugs and wall-to-wall carpets in Brunei, and swift service in deliveries and carpet installations. Our reputation as a reliable contractor to His Majesty’s Government along with both international and national companies is firmly established and we are confident of both our quality of service and our resources to fulfil our contracts, whether domestic or commercial, last-minute or planned.